Pandora's box Have u read this post?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

LIFE after LIBA - Dont ignore the monster that gives the rosy picture

Rating:2 1/2

When I was studying in LIBA I had no clue what lies ahead. Good, bad or nightmares. I was not expecting too much though. But now that I have come out of the great institution I know. So I thought I would enlighten our people about few facts. Remember what I am gonna mention below is just a news and would not be the same for all the batches.

Let me start on a positive note. I am really happy that I got into one very good company without me knowing it. The reason being, I had no expectation. And right now I am glad that I got this opportunity which can take me to greater heights. But it was not fairy tale ending for all of them who had no clue about what they are stepping into. Few of my batch mates have already resigned. And few want to leave asap. They had 'treated' us for getting placed in those companies. I remember one friend of mine gave me treat for one week. :). What went wrong after that? It is just 6 months or even less after joining the company but they feel that they don't belong to the company which was once their dream company.

The answer is simple. It is our priorities and expectation that makes us choose our dream company. Once you step into reality everything changes. As a student from a reputed B-school all you need is a big fat salary. But nothing comes easily. There will be strings attached. The big fat salary will keep you happy only for a short while. Once you enter the company you will start looking for peace of mind. You no more want to boast about how much you get paid. Rather you want better work atmosphere. Reasonable work load. Good Personal and work life balance.

It was Del****e Interview. I made it to the last round. We were only four who made it to the last round and I was sure 2 out of four are getting placed that day. This means there was a 50-50 chance of me making into the company. They offered the highest package.They asked me so many questions for which I answered honestly. Then finally it was time for me to ask them question. I asked them whether working there would be fun! :) The interviewer gave me a disgusting look and replied little fun and lot of work. Then he asked me "Are you really serious about getting this job?". I smiled and came out of the interview. I am sure that is not the only reason I was rejected but I had absolutely no regret about my choice. I was laughing after the interview. I told my friends "Great escape". They said "You are mad". :)  I always wanted my work place to be enjoyable. At least I should enjoy what I am doing. Reward & Salary are secondary.

In LIBA believe me you will get wonderful opportunities but choose wisely. Vital Committee head mam will want you to get an offer on the very first day. I am sure if you have little bit confidence in you then you will get it too. But that is not the most important thing. Look at long term and do as much research as possible before taking up the job. Even if the 'unsung hero' comes and tell you 'beggars cannot be choosers' never loose focus. Make sure you get the best. If you are good you will always be good. Believe that you are good and you have tremendous potential and that's the only reason you have come this far. [To be part of LIBA is no joke].   

All the very best to the current senior batch[2009-2011]. Reach greater heights.


'I' in this blog
Basto Collins
LIBA(2008-2010) batch
write to me @ knightrider2702@yahoo.in


[*Why rating? ----> Just to help readers understand how interesting the post would be when read ---> Authors rating. Remember it is impossible to give only interesting stuff. So at times this can save some valuable time of the readers.]

1 comment:

  1. Good article .. made up for some interesting read!

    ReplyDelete