Pandora's box Have u read this post?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome F12! A sneak peek for what is to come! ;)


Only a weekend left for the juniors to start their 2 yrs of "Mind-blowing experience" and yes MBA too.. so i thought i could give them a trip down the memory lane of how it was for us, just almost exactly an year back.

It felt like only yesterday, when I had landed in the Chennai airport and when me, mom and dad took the taxi to LIBA, I was still sleeping on my moms shoulder having a one eye view of the greenry around me ( I think I saw small hills too, don’t remember for sure, or maybe I was dreaming).







It was around 11am that we had landed and I wasn’t used to being awake on this hour of the day, so it was still early morning for me. Ohh and it was raining, so please don't forget to carry umbrellas with you fellas!

When we reached the Loyola campus, I remember that we had entered through the front gate and saw the magnificent church in front of us. She looked like a queen, standing in front of us. It was spectacular sight!






Then we exited and took the taxi to the back gate ( that’s where you need to go to access LIBA- tell the taxi driver to take you to Mahalingpuram – Loyola college backside, near Brownstone apartments). As we entered the Loyola campus and drove towards the girls hostel, I could see a few other parents and fellow batch mates standing here and there, looking as confused as we were about to be! We were after all the first inhabitants of the girls hostel.

So after a lot of scuffle and shuffle and with the help of Sudhakar sir (god knows what would LIBA do without him!) and a few other super seniors we finally managed to get settled. Me and my parents went shopping to T-Nagar for the essentials like bedding ( mattress, pillow etc), book racks, chittar puttar to eat and whatever our little hearts desired. After all, I for the first time felt that my parents were going to abandom me into an unknown land, where no one spoke any of the languages I knew (except English, but you get the point right? :P )
After a good meal with my roommate, her family and mine, we finally started to unpack and get to know the other “inmates”. I still remember how Ramya had given me a toothbrush coz I had forgotten to get one :P ( Thanks Ramya! :D )


(This would be my room! :) )


So as the night passed by chit chatting and learning the first few tamil words ( my first tamil word was terunayii! And something else that I cant mention here, but trust me I used those two words like bread and butter.. only to be later told by some sweet friends of mine, not to use them- they are BAD WORDS! And I was ohkk… wasn’t that the point of using them?) anyways, confused by the ways of living here and language ofcourse, I somehow managed to get a hold of it ;)

So then comes the first big day of my MBA life! Wohooo..! weren’t we excited! Actually to be frank, after an year now, I don’t exactly remember what happened on the first day but I do remember what happened in the first few weeks! It kinda was the best first few weeks I could have, in a way.



Sight on a regular LIBA day! 

Well the first thing that I got upset about was that all my new friends that I had made were in section A and I was the only one in section B. To add some spice to my childish behaviour, my entire class sat-  boys on one side and girls on the other. – I was like OMG!! (Janice style- youtube Janice –FRIENDS-OMG, for demo). Come on, after having studied in the ohh so (in?)famous DPS R.K. Puram and 4 years in Mumbai, its normal for you to react in an OMG’ish manner on such a demarcation of gender. But as they say, don’t judge a book by its cover, now when I think of that day, I believe I couldn’t be more silly to have thought that my class was shy! Its one of the most hilarious, fun loving and helpful bunch of people I have ever met and I am sure I can without a doubt, extent the same feeling for my section A friends!

Trust me, if there would be one advice that I had to give you, it would be “ just because they don’t speak as much as you do, or vise versa, trust me, every one in your class or batch is a genius in his or her own way- Hats off to the LIBA selection process ( so to give credit), which not only takes academic and professional achievements into perspective, but also how one is as a person!

Yea coming back to the week, well I and most of us spent it discovering the ways and norms of life inside LIBA and more than that life OUTSIDE LIBA ;) (If you know what I mean.. hehehe)

Beaches, restaurants, pubs, crazy car rides, movies.. name it and we had almost done it in the first month itself. Thanks to some great company (Herbie gets special mention here.. after all, if it hadn’t been him, I don’t think I would have even thought of liking Chennai. He gave us a perfect start! Thanks buddy! :) )








And studies, well I will leave that to you to discover and figure out ;) But one tip for non commerce people- PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IN BFA CLASS!! Trust me, this is not the class you would want to be sleeping ! Rest I leave it upto you! You look like a smart bunch ;)

Chalo, I need to get back to completing my internship report

All the best to F12! Hope you have a great start.

Cheers!
IrutsaK

3 comments:

  1. I am reading this again..That good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post. I am working in Towing Des Moines company. I shared this post with my friend. Your post is informative. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete