Pandora's box Have u read this post?

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Puzzle solution- The truth is.... :)

Rating: 5

As the page view reached 10,000 today, I thought I will reveal a truth not many knows. :)
Did any one ever thought what was the puzzle I was talking about? What was the reason behind this blog? A guy who even felt giving 'task' to first years not a right thing suddenly started commenting on other people and their activities? I still remember when we all went to pondicherry last year few of my friends started discussing gossip using hints and codes. I absolutely had no idea what they were talking. :). Also I had nothing to say as I hardly give a damn about what other people are doing.[ If they are strangers to me.].

So why did I change all of the sudden? Even after knowing that what I am going to write may hurt someone why I went ahead and wrote the gossip column? I wanted to communicate a message which normally goes above the head for certain people.

What is the message?
When I used to talk to few people they used to tell me lot of stories about other people. The stories ranges from "You know the guy from Kolkata and girl from Delhi are totally into each other" to "Dude do you know P & J have gone together for a fun trip. You know what they gonna do there...he he he". If I try to defend saying you might not know whats going on between them, they might be good friends too, they wouldn't believe. It is like addiction that people believe the perspective of others just because it appears to be true[Theory of connecting dots]. If I see something and write about it or I ask the concern person and say about that to my friend that is different. But assuming things just because 'it seems obvious' is not a right thing. At least the people who are spreading the news should know it might be a wrong news. Lot of people even judge others based on this rumours. I firmly believe saying half truth is worse than a lie.

I am a victim of this gossip. When I was studying 11th standard I used to talk to a girl who was 10 years older than me. One day my parents called me and scolded me for talking to her. My dad asked me "Are you in love with that girl?''. Then he went on to say "You can't go out of the house from now on". I was very angry because of this incident, as I never even imagined such things. I used to wonder how can people relate a guy with a girl 10 years elder than him. My parents who never used to believe what others say before this believed this gossip which was based on nothing.

Here is the answer you all are looking for...I saw this movie "Life of David Gale". I was very impressed with the movie. I thought I would do something of that sort so as to make people understand what they are doing is not right. I did it through the internet to make a point that when you speak about people at their back is equivalent to publishing it. Every day you and I do this when we spread half truth about others. The thing I wish to differentiate here is 'When some one is being rude to you and you going on to say that to others is different from you hearing from someone that other person is rude". So I acted like a 'mean' person writing in the blog about whatever I hear about people, calling them using different names etc. which I would otherwise consider as 'silly'. The responses for all this were funny. Some replied to my blog using status messages, some using facebook chat, some came and spoke to me about it and some went on to delete my comment on their picture in orkut to show their anger. I couldn't reveal this truth as I kept my objective in mind. I am very sorry if I had hurt you all in the process of proving a point.

So what happens to "Pandoras Box" now? [FYI: Pandoras Box according to myth was a beautiful jar given to a beautiful lady and was asked not to open. This lady out of curiosity opened and it unleashed terrible things on mankind. According to myth she took out every object out of the jar that causes terror except 'Hope' .] Help me decide whether to change the name or not by answering the poll below:

Poll : Retain the name "Pandora's Box" or change it to "AOC"

Am I gonna stop the gossip column ? Is there a new thing that is coming up? The answer is "YES". Gossip Column will become "Every Individual is a brand" which will respect every individual.
The new thing is.... Wait till the next blog to know what is this? :)

News, 'Is truth ugly?', and Scout for talent interview section will continue...

News:

Yesterday was chaitik's birthday. It was celebrated with lots of birthday bashes in hostel. Belated wishes buddy. Read his blog. :). 24th is Praful's Birthday. :)

Our buddy Thejas has started a new blog with innovative ideas :) about God's love. Read it if you are interested.

Note: Even though I regretted writing about few good people I don't feel bad writing bad about people like "Hunter" and few others whom I have heard bitching about others. How many people they would have bad mouthed?. They at least deserve this. grrr...

Coming up: Why AOC? Is this work of GOD?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats for 10000 milestone.... hope we'll celebrate many more milestones to come to this blog
    KZR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Basto,
    Good work dude!!!
    A little perspective now and then is like preventive medicine that may help avoid serious ill. Keep up, the good work.
    Regards,
    www.amyimapoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Smitha and the unknown supporter. I need your support to continue what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete